The Ministry of Interior (MoI), represented by the General Directorate of Information Systems, Tuesday launched 17 new e-services on the Metrash2 application.
The launch was held on the sidelines of Milipol Qatar 2022 at Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Major Ali Ahmed al-Binali, head of the Electronic Services and Internet Department in the General Directorate of Information Systems, MoI, told Gulf Times that the new services were added as part of the ministry's efforts to help citizens and residents avail of services without going to MoI offices.
The services have been launched as part of the efforts made by the MoI to keep pace with the latest technologies that facilitate services for customers, which save their effort and time and reduce the numbers of the customers visiting MoI Service Centres, it was stressed.
The new services include six Residence Permit services, five Search and Follow up services, three recruitment services, two Establishment Card services and one Al-Adeid Service.
The details of the new services are as follows:
* Metrash2 Residency Services
1. Applications for Issuing Residence Permits: Receiving applications for issuing residency permits that require approval from the Expatriate Affairs Department for various reasons such as passport expiry, fingerprint issues, medical test issues, etc.
2. Applications for Renewal of Residence Permits: Receiving applications for renewing residency permits that require approval from the Expatriate Affairs Department for various reasons such as restricted period, age, etc.
3. Applications for Cancellation of Residence Permits: Receiving applications for cancelling residency permits that require approval from the Expatriate Affairs Department for various reasons such as vehicle ownership, employing/hosting expatriating, etc.
4. Applications for Changing Passport Details: Receiving applications for changing passport details that require approval from the Expatriate Affairs Department for various reasons such as restrictions on the person and passports with accompanying persons.
5. Applications for Reducing Residence Violation Fines: Receiving applications for reducing fines imposed on expatriates that require approval from the Expatriates Affairs Department.
6. Tracking applications for residence services: Tracking applications for various residency services to know their status and options to complete the application from the same screen.
* Establishment Card services
1. Issuing Establishment Card (Main office/branch): Authorised persons mentioned in the commercial register and commercial licence can get the Establishment Card issued electronically, whether for the main office or its branches, as per the required conditions.
2. Cancellation of Establishment Card: Authorised persons mentioned in the commercial register and commercial licence can cancel the Establishment Card electronically, provided that there are no pending services on it, such as valid residence permits, valid visas and vehicle along with cancellation of the commercial register and licence.
* Services of the Search and Follow up Department
1. Complaints of Leaving Work: The employer or the authorised person can submit a complaint against the employee who obtained his/her residence permit and left the work without any legal justification.
2. Financial Claims - Fines: This service allows to pay overstay fines by the personal employers or companies, including fines for overstaying of persons required to leave the country.
Financial Claims - Tickets: This service allows paying the amount of travel tickets spent by the Ministry of Interior to ensure the quick departure of persons required to leave the country. It can be paid by personal or corporate employers of the leaving employee after ensuring that the employee has left the country.
* Visa Purpose Violation Complaint: The employer or the authorised person can submit a complaint against the employee who did not complete the residency permit (visa) procedures and left the work without any legal justification.
* Witness Approval: This service allows witnesses added in the complaints of leaving the work or purpose violation to confirm their verification of the incident.
* Al-Adeid Service
1. Al-Adeid Reporting Service (Communicate with us – Preventive Security).
2. Al-Adeid Reporting Service (Communicate with us): This service aims to communicate with members of society and receive information and complaints regarding public morals, wrong behaviour, threatening incidents, administrative corruption and violations in tourist places, in order to take the necessary measures in co-ordination with the relevant authorities.
* Applications for Recruitment Approval
1. Applications for approval of domestic workers recruitment by Qataris. This service allows Qatari citizens to get approval for recruiting domestic workers after presenting a detailed list of domestic workers at the time of application. If all the conditions are met, instant approval will be granted, or the application will be referred to the relevant committee if not completed the requirements.
* Applications for approval of domestic workers recruitment by residents. This service allows expatriate residents to get approval for recruiting domestic workers after presenting a detailed list of domestic workers at the time of application. If all the conditions are met, the application will be referred to the relevant committee to look into it.
* Tracking Recruitment Approval Applications: This service allows the applicants to track the status of recruitment approval applications and follow up with it by uploading additional requirements if asked by the relevant committee to do so.