* Total recoveries from Covid-19 increase to 331,872
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) Sunday reported 912 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country — 777 among the community and 135 among travellers.
The MoPH recorded 2,019 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries in Qatar to 331,872.
As per National Covid-19 Vaccination Programme Data:
* 5,958,466 doses have been administered since the start of the programme.
* 3,433 doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
* 933,930 booster doses have been administered to date.
* 87.1% of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Like many countries around the world, Qatar has been confronting a new wave of Covid-19, driven by the highly contagious Omicron variant.
The most recent data appears to show that we have reached the peak of this third wave as the number of new daily cases is now declining.
The support of the community in adhering to the government restrictions and standard Covid-19 precautions, as well as the high vaccination rate, has played a significant role in reaching a plateau of new daily cases.
There is clear evidence of the protective effects of the vaccines and the majority of patients being admitted to intensive care unit (ICU) with Covid-19 are either unvaccinated or had their second dose more than six months ago and have not received a booster dose.
With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
* Adherence to physical distancing.
* Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
* Wearing a face mask.
* Washing hands regularly.
* People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately.
This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover.
Regular updates and latest information are posted on the MoPH website.Last updated: February 07 2022 03:59 PM