The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported today 2,772 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 432 among travelers.
The MoPH recorded 4072 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 275,813.
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 2772 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 432 among travelers.
- 4072 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 275,813
National Covid-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 5583647 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 39808 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 606879 Covid-19 booster vaccine doses have been administered to date.
- 86.9 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- New daily cases of Covid-19 has increased during the recent weeks.
- Omicron variant has been detected in the State of Qatar, which forms a danger represented by the emergence of new cases of Covid-19.
- Evidence so far shows that the Omicron variant is the most prevalent, even today, and that the countries in which the Omicron mutant appears are rapidly registering infections.
- The Ministry of Public Health warned of the danger of the stage in fighting the virus, and stressed the importance of qualified members of society receiving the booster dose without any delay.
- The Ministry also indicated that recent studies show the effectiveness of the effect of the booster dose in preventing severe infection against the new Omicron mutant.
- The vast majority of Covid-19 cases admitted to the intensive care unit are either unvaccinated or have received the second dose of vaccination over 6 months ago.
What You Can Do:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
President of Mexican Senate meets Qatar's ambassador
King of Spain affirms importance of Amir's Visit
Partnership with Spain starting point towards strengthening bilateral relations: Deputy PM
Amir, Sheikha Jawaher attend banquet
Child Helplines international conference from May 23
Windy conditions to continue until weekend: Met
Microsoft receives Qatari certification
Ministry of Municipality, CGIS to celebrate GIS Technology Day
Shura Council attends parliamentary forum on co-operation in research, libraries