The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported Tuesday 3,501 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 315 among travelers.The ministry also announced the deaths of three patients aged 72, 85, and 89 respectively, who had chronic diseases and were receiving the necessary medical care. The MoPH also recorded 3,386 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 264,282.
- 5,479,206 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 31,928 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 514,708 Covid-19 booster vaccine doses have been administered to date.
- 86.8 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
New daily cases of Covid-19 has increased during the recent weeks, the Ministry said. Omicron variant has been detected in Qatar and evidence so far shows that the variant is the most prevalent, even today, and that the countries in which the Omicron mutant appears are rapidly registering infections.
The Ministry warned of the danger of the stage in fighting the virus, and stressed the importance of eligible members of society receiving the booster dose without any delay. The Ministry also indicated that recent studies show the effectiveness of the effect of the booster dose in preventing severe infection against the new Omicron mutant.
The vast majority of Covid-19 cases admitted to the intensive care unit are either unvaccinated or have received the second dose of vaccination over 6 months ago, MoPH pointed out.
With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures, the Ministry added:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Doha unveils new showroom
Qatar is important market for luxury: Rolls-Royce CEO
Snoonu enters Omani market
Book explores Qatari media’s journey -- from inception to current trends
Weather-induced shortage pushes fish prices up
QIC launches 'first and fastest all-inclusive' online portal to get insurance in Qatar
Shell NXplorers Awards recognises Qatar’s excellence in education
More than 13,000 students to attend end of second semester exams from Sunday
British Food Week gets under way at LuLu outlets