South Korea announced that it will tighten measures to stop the spread of Covid-19, starting from Monday for 4 weeks long.
South korea will focus on containing the Omicron variant of the novel coronavirus till the end of this year as the country started to enforce tightened social distancing measures amid rising daily infections, South Korean Prime Minster Kim Boo-kyum said during a COVID-19 response meeting in Seoul.
"The threat of the omicron variant is becoming apparent," he added.
So far, health authorities have confirmed 12 Omicron cases in South Korea, according to (Yonhap) News Agency.
Kim called for thorough quarantine inspections on arrivals to the country, while conducting swift contact tracing for the omicron variant.
He also said that the government will concentrate on boosting vaccinations, securing hospital beds and expand at-home treatment to alleviate the virus situation.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
North Korea fires cruise missiles amid tension over lifting nuclear moratorium
N Korea fires two ballistic missiles
Amir grants Al Wajbah decoration to Venezuelan ambassador
N.Korea fires two ballistic missiles from Pyongyang airport, S.Korea says
N Korea tested railway-borne missile amid rising tensions
North Korea fires ballistic missiles in third test of ’22
Kim urges more ‘military muscle’ after missile test
N Korea tests hypersonic missile, reports state media
Moon promises final push for N Korea peace