The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported today 51 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 26 among travelers.
The MoPH recorded 64 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 236,840.
The MoPH issued a statement on Covid-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 51 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 26 among travelers.
- 64 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 236,840.
National Covid-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 4,807,293 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 1,359 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 83.6 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The fourth phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Sunday, October 3, and is part of a four-stage plan to gradually lift the precautionary restrictions imposed in Qatar due to the Corona Virus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What You Can Do:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
Last updated: October 23 2021 04:33 PM
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Met warns of strong winds, dust, low visibility Friday
Full attendance, weekly RAT decision triggers debate
Qatar among world's least corrupt countries
Demand picks up for rapid antigen test kits ahead of school return
Al-Hammadi meets Czech deputy minister
Qatar, Dominican Republic hold round of political consultations
Al-Attiyah meets Rwanda's defence minister
FM meets Iranian counterpart
Closure on Al Furousiya Street