The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on Sunday reported 42 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among the community and 20 among travellers.
The MoPH recorded 82 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 236,423.
As per the National Covid-19 Vaccination Programme Data:
* 4,790,350 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the programme.
* 2,990 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
* 83.2% of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
The fourth phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on October 3, and is part of a four-stage plan to gradually lift the precautionary restrictions imposed in Qatar due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
With Covid-19 still a threat, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following the below-mentioned precautionary measures:
* Adherence to physical distancing.
* Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
* Wearing a face mask.
* Washing hands regularly.
* People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
* Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact the 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
One can visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.Last updated: October 17 2021 10:17 PM