The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported on Friday 37 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 20 among travellers.
The MoPH recorded 79 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 236,275.
The ministry recorded the death of a 82-year-old, who had chronic diseases and had received the necessary medical care.
The MOPH issued a statement on Covid-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 37 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 20 among travelers.
- 79 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 236,275.
- The ministry recorded the death of a 82-year old, who had chronic diseases and had received the necessary medical care.
National COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Data:
- 4,785,841 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 5,051 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 83 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of COVID-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The fourth phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Sunday, October 3, and is part of a four-stage plan to gradually lift the precautionary restrictions imposed in Qatar due to the Corona Virus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What You Can Do:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.