The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported Friday 45 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 27 among travelers. The MoPH also recorded 67 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 235,663.
National Covid-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 4,754,884 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 6,131 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 82.6 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The fourth phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Sunday, October 3, and is part of a four-stage plan to gradually lift the precautionary restrictions imposed in Qatar due to the Corona Virus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What can be done:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately this is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar Airways Holidays unveils holiday packages to Thailand
Paris Saint-Germain to reach new heights with Qatar Airways becoming official jersey partner
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 tickets back on sale next week on a first-come, first-served basis
Minister of Municipality meets number of productive farms owners
President of the Republic of Malta leaves Doha
Qatar researchers at forefront of personalised treatment for breast cancer patients
AMAN participates in regional meet on women empowerment
Justice ministry launches project for new portal
'Qatar's foreign policy earned itself international recognition'