The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported on Friday 62 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 30 among travelers. The MoPH also recorded 93 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 234,855.
National Covid-19 vaccination data:
- 4,720,147 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 7,240 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 81.9 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The third phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Friday, July 9, and is part of a four-stage plan to be implemented over the coming months.
- The date of implementation and the duration of each phase will depend on the pandemic indicators which depend to a great extent on the degree of compliance of the community members with the current measures, restrictions and guidance by the government.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What can be done:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
VCUarts Qatar present at Qatar Week in Virginia
Doha, Prague set sights on broader horizons
WCM-Q students complete summer research projects in Qatar and US
Culture minister awards AWTAR 2022 winners
Qatar's ambassador: Amir's visit will give impetus to bilateral ties
Aspire Academy Global Summit off to glittery start
All municipalities in Qatar 'Healthy Cities'
Amir meets Czech president Tuesday
Al Kharsaah plant adds to Qatar's green energy goals