The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported Saturday 68 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 40 among travelers. The MoPH also recorded 136 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 234,134.
National Covid-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 4,690,049 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 3,490 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 81.2 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The third phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Friday, July 9, and is part of a four-stage plan to be implemented over the coming months.
- The date of implementation and the duration of each phase will depend on the pandemic indicators which depend to a great extent on the degree of compliance of the community members with the current measures, restrictions and guidance by the government.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What can be done:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
QSS to take part in Milipol Qatar 2022
Amir to participate in World Economic Forum
Qatar to continue work for enhancing cooperation in international migration
Qatar affirms intention to continue contributions to enhance cooperation on international migration
MoPH reports 101 new Covid-19 cases, 129 recoveries
Fire in a building in Lusail brought under control: MoI
Private museums enhance cultural vision and community awareness in Qatar
'The Power of Museums' to help make positive change in communities
WCM-Q research reveals metabolic processes underpinning type 2 diabetes, complications