The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) reported Sunday 65 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 among community and 36 among travelers. The MoPH recorded 173 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 233,289.
The MoPH issued a statement on Covid-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
National Covid-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 4,658,268 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 5,249 Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
-80.3 percent of the total population are now fully vaccinated with two doses.
Current Covid-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of Covid-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The third phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Friday, July 9, and is part of a four-stage plan to be implemented over the coming months.
- The date of implementation and the duration of each phase will depend on the pandemic indicators which depend to a great extent on the degree of compliance of the community members with the current measures, restrictions and guidance by the government.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What can be done:
- With Covid-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the Covid-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from Covid-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MoPH website for regular updates and new information.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
BoE nears watershed moment for global monetary policy
China Evergrande moves towards restructuring; state swoops in to contain risk
US winds of inflation are blowing winter gale
China’s central bank cuts reserve requirement ratio as economy slows
QBG, US embassy mark Year of Culture Qatar – USA 2021 with tree planting
Venture capital investments in Qatar up 40% in H1 2021, says QDB official
QIIB names winners of promotion with Visa
Qatar real estate sector’s GDP contribution to increase going forward: Al-Ansari
Qatar Chamber participates in Asharqia Chamber’s 70th anniversary