The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) reported today 70 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 77 among travelers.
The MOPH recorded 215 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 216,698.
The Ministry also reported two new deaths aged 44 and 51, both had chronic diseases, and they received the necessary medical care.
The MOPH issued a statement on COVID-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 70 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 among community and 77 among travelers were announced today.
- 215 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 216,698.
- The Ministry also reported two new deaths aged 44 and 51, both had chronic diseases, and they received the necessary medical care.
National COVID-19 Vaccination Program Data:
- 2780916 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered since the start of the program.
- 12888 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the past 24 hours.
- 68.1 percent of the eligible population has now received at least one dose of the vaccine.
- 94.4 percent of over 60s (the most vulnerable population group) have been vaccinated with at least one dose, while 87.6 percent have received both doses.
Current COVID-19 Status:
- In recent weeks the combined impact of COVID-19 restrictions and increasing vaccination rates, and the overwhelming support of the community, has resulted in a consistent reduction in the number of new daily infections in the country.
- However, it is still important to be cautious as the second wave is not yet over and there are still two highly contagious and highly virulent strains of the virus that are actively circulating in the community.
- The first phase of the gradual lifting of precautionary restrictions began on Friday, May 28, and is part of a four-stage plan to be implemented over the coming months.
- The date of implementation and the duration of each phase will depend on the epidemic indicators which depend to a great extent on the degree of compliance of the community members with the current measures, restrictions and guidance by the government.
- It is important during the current period that all members of society, including those who have received the vaccination, continue to wear masks as recommended and continue to adhere to social distancing.
What You Can Do:
- With COVID-19 still a threat to our health here in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoiding close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- People should take the COVID-19 vaccine at the earliest opportunity when their turn comes.
- Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information.Last updated: June 12 2021 05:26 PM
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
QU Alumni Association has new board
Ministry of Culture holds workshop to promote reading and writing among girls
Inspection campaign: violations spotted, abandoned vehicles were removed
Katara hosts Nubian Heritage Festival from Monday
Deap Qatar holds beach clean-up drives all year round
Landmark Group hands over Syria aid to QRCS
Ashghal completes main works of World Cup projects
HBKU College of Law addresses legal legacy of FIFA World Cup
India independence day celebration Monday