* More than 110,000 people have used drive-through vaccination facilities in Lusail and Al Wakra so far: MoPH
People should bring a small snack and drink, and ensure they have enough fuel in the vehicle, while visiting the Covid-19 drive-through vaccination centres in Lusail and Al Wakra, especially during the peak hours when they may have to wait for some time.
These are among the tips provided by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) to help people during their visit to these drive-through facilities for vaccination.
In a post on social media Saturday, the MoPH said more than 110,000 people have used the two drive-through vaccination centres so far.
An accompanying advisory noted that the Ramadan opening hours at the Lusail and Al Wakra drive-through vaccination centres are from 1pm until midnight, seven days a week. "Last entry is usually at 11pm; however, please note at times of very high demand this may be earlier," it added.
The centres cater only to people receiving their second dose of the vaccine. "You will need to bring your vaccination card, showing the details of your first dose, to gain entry," the advisory added. "Those attending the drive-through (centres) must be in a vehicle to proceed for their vaccination — and with a maximum occupancy of four people per car."
It is necessary to wait until the due date of his/her second dose — 21 days after the first dose for Pfizer/BioNTech and 28 days after the first dose for Moderna. No second doses will be administered earlier, the MoPH stressed.
People visiting the drive-through centres are attended on a first-come-first-seen basis. During peak times, people may be required to wait while others are seen first. For this reason, it is important to come prepared, the advisory said, providing the following tips:
* Bring a drink and small snack with you in case the wait is longer than expected
* Bring a book to read or have something to listen to on your car stereo
* If possible, avoid bringing young children who may get impatient with any potential delay
* Ensure that you have enough fuel in your car for the duration of your visit
* Plan your visit at such a time when you know you do not have any important appointments within the next few hours