* HMC implements strict visitor policy at Covid-19 and other facilities
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) has said it is implementing a strict visitor policy for all hospitals as part of its measures to protect patients, visitors and healthcare staff from Covid-19.
The move comes as HMC and Primary Health Care Corporation have announced important service changes as the healthcare system diverts resources to its Covid-19 measures, Qatar News Agency said in a report Sunday.
According to HMC's current visitor policy, no visitors are allowed into any of the seven Covid-19 facilities: Al Wakra Hospital, Hazm Mebaireek General Hospital, Communicable Disease Center, The Cuban Hospital, Ras Laffan Hospital, Mesaieed Hospital and the Surgical Specialty Center.
All non-Covid-19 facilities operate the following visitor policy:
* Public visiting hours are from 3pm to 8pm daily
* Visitors are required to display the Green Ehteraz status, wear a mask and undergo a temperature check before entry.
* Only one visitor is allowed at a time for a maximum of 15 minutes, with a maximum three visitors during public visiting hours. Escort is not allowed.
* Food, flowers, drinks and chocolates are not allowed to be brought into the facilities.
* Children under 15 years old are not permitted to visit to the facility.
Dr Nasser al-Ansari, head of Infection Control at Al Wakra Hospital., said: "The rising severity of Covid-19 cases in Qatar has led to increased numbers of people being admitted to hospital with Covid-19 for treatment. To manage this increased demand for hospital beds, HMC has designated seven facilities to provide care for patients with Covid-19 and our policy means that no visitors are allowed to these facilities, while all other facilities are operating a restricted visitor policy.
"These changes have been implemented for the safety and protection of our patients, visitors and staff and we kindly ask members of the public to adhere to the policies while we fight the second wave of the virus in Qatar."