The crackdown on violations of Covid-19 measures continued as the authorities concerned pulled up a large number of people for not wearing masks and not complying with the vehicle occupancy rule.
In a tweet on Wednesday, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) said 358 people had been referred to the Public Prosecution for not wearing masks where they are mandatory.
The measure is in line with the Cabinet decision based on Decree Law No 17 of 1990 on infectious diseases, and the precautionary and preventive measures in force in the country to contain the spread of the coronavirus, the MoI said.
The relevant authorities also referred 30 people to the prosecution for violating the rule limiting the number of people allowed in a vehicle, the MoI added.
According to the rule, four persons -- including the driver -- are allowed in a vehicle except when the occupants are members of the same family.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Amir, Father Amir perform Eid Al Fitr prayer
FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021 qualifiers to be held from June 19 to 25
Tailoring shops do brisk business ahead of Eid
Katara virtual competitions as part of Eid al-Fitr celebrations
Have a safe Eid, urge GCO, health officials
Sealine clinic all set to welcome Eid-al-Fitr holidays
More Covid relief materials sent from Qatar reach India
Mall of Qatar gives away prizes worth QR100,000
Closure on part of Al Luqta Street service road