Following a balanced, healthy diet can help build and strengthen a child’s immune system and prevent infections, Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) has reiterated.
Stating this, HMC has provided — on social media — some tips on foods that can boost a child’s immune system.
* Focus on foods that can help boost your child’s immune system and foods that contain antioxidants,” the advisory stated.
These include the following:
* Foods that are rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, broccoli, kiwifruit, strawberry, mango and spinach
* Foods that are rich in vitamin E, such as avocado, nuts and vegetable oil
* Foods that are rich in vitamin A, such as liver, sweet potato, carrots, milk and eggs (especially egg yolks)
* Vegetables, especially leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, onions, garlic and leek
* Low-fat meat and seafood
* Thyme, sesame and whole grains, lentils, peas and soybeans
“Encourage your child to avoid sweets, carbonated soft drinks and juices, and replace them with water and herbal drinks like chamomile and anise,” the advisory added.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
WCM-Q research probes mechanisms of premature aging of fat cells in obesity
HIA achieves ISO certification for its information security management system
Temperatures to go up from Tuesday
FM meets Lebanese caretaker PM
HMC gives dental health tips
Ahli hold Duhail with last-gasp al-Soma goal
HMC Covid-19 hospital phone enquiries
281 face prosecution for violations of Covid-19 precautionary measures
Lebanon's caretaker PM arrives in Doha