* Main sections and sectors of the budget referred to the Shura Council
The Cabinet has given its approval to the draft State budget for the 2021 fiscal year, Qatar News Agency (QNA) reports.
The budget is based on a number of principles, which include maintaining Qatar's credit rating and continuing to allocate financial resources to complete strategic projects in line with Qatar National Vision 2030, especially those related to the 2022 FIFA World Cup as well as health and education, according to QNA.
This came at the Cabinet's regular meeting held at the Amiri Diwan on Wednesday, which was chaired by HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz al-Thani.
Following the meeting, HE the Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Issa bin Saad al-Jafali al-Nuaimi issued a statement giving the details of the proceedings.
The Cabinet, according to the QNA report, approved the "draft State budget for the fiscal year 2021 and a draft law approving the budget". It also referred all the "main sections and sectors of the budget and the draft law to the Shura Council".
The draft budget has been prepared based on the following principles:
* Adopting the principle of medium-term planning for the general budget and setting financial ceilings for the years 2021-2023 after reviewing the projects and programmes of all sectors.
* All ministries and government agencies are required to set financial ceilings for the medium term, 2021-2023, and direct them to arrange their priorities, including programmes and projects included in the Second National Development Strategy of 2018-2022, according to the allocated budgets and specific financial ceilings.
* Continuing to allocate financial resources to complete the implementation of strategic projects in accordance with Qatar National Vision 2030, especially those related to hosting the 2022 FIFA World Cup and the health and education sectors.
* Allocating the necessary financial resources to develop new citizens' land and infrastructure for existing areas.
* Supporting business environment development initiatives to enhance the role of the private sector and its participation in various economic activities.
* Working to maintain the credit rating of the State.
The Cabinet also gave its approval to a draft memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation in the field of water management between the governments of Qatar and Turkey; as well as a joint declaration project regarding the establishment of the joint economic and trade committee between the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in Qatar and Ministry of Trade in Turkey, QNA added.
Further, the meeting approved a draft MoU in the field of enhancing integrity and transparency between the Administrative Control and Transparency Authority in Qatar and the Anti-Corruption Agency in Kazakhstan.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar, UK strengthen historic partnership
DICID work 'focused on confronting challenges to peaceful co-existence '
QNA celebrates 47th anniversary Wednesday
First batch of Typhoon aircraft to be delivered to Qatar in August
Amir: Increasing opportunities to consolidate strategic relations with UK
PM meets heads of delegations participating in Milipol Qatar 2022
Amir's visit to the UK shows solid relations between countries
MoI unveils Early Warning System
QU marks graduation of 45th batch Wednesday, Thursday