* Revised rules allow reopening of toilets, changing rooms in gyms
* Updated guidelines came into effect on Thursday
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has issued updated guidelines pertaining to the gradual lifting of Covid-19 restrictions on gymnasiums in the country. The revised rules, which came into effect yesterday, allow the reopening and use of toilets and changing rooms in gymnasiums.
"In line with the previous decisions and measures taken to preserve the safety and health of Qatar's citizens and residents and to limit the spread of Covid-19, it has been decided to make new amendments to the decision issued on July 28, 2020, during the third stage of the gradual lifting of restrictions on gymnasiums with regard to the instructions that gyms should comply with," the MoCI said in a statement yesterday.
Gymnasiums shall comply with the precautionary and preventive measures outlined by the Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs, and implement the following guidelines:
* Limiting the occupancy rate in a gym by ensuring the commitment of employees and customers to maintain a safe distance of at least 3m to ensure social distancing.
* Checking and measuring the body temperature of gym staff and clients upon arrival, and denying entry to individuals whose temperature exceeds 38C.
* Allowing staff and clients entry only after checking the colour code identifying their health condition on the Ehteraz app. Only 'Green' code holders are allowed to enter.
* Requiring staff and clients to wear masks while they are inside the gymnasium.
* Requiring employees and clients to maintain a safe distance of no less than 3m from each other. The area surrounding each fitness trainer must be at least 2sqm in all directions.
* Indoor group exercise is strictly prohibited, and fitness trainers are allowed to train only one person at a time, with a commitment to maintaining physical distancing and leaving a safe distance of no less than 3m.
* Outdoor group exercise is allowed while maintaining physical distancing and leaving a safe distance of no less than 3m.
* Allowing the reopening of toilets and changing rooms in gyms.
* Providing hand sanitisers and soap in all facilities of the gymnasium.
* Urging customers to bring and use their own towels, personal hygiene kits, and water bottles.
* Gymnasium staff must clean and sanitise gym equipment every two hours at a minimum.
The decision came into effect yesterday and may be subject to amendments and updates based on the latest developments in this regard, the statement noted, adding that any violation of the decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability and procedures.
The MoCI had stressed that the success of each stage of the comprehensive plan for the gradual lifting of restrictions depends on the adherence of all citizens and residents to the required preventive and precautionary measures.