By Sports Reporter/Doha
Al Shahania Stud’s RB Kindle completed a treble of wins for jockey Alberto Sanna and trainer Jassim Mohamed Ghazali with a comfortable victory in the Losail Cup at the Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club’s Al Rayyan Park yesterday.
In the turf feature for Purebred Arabians, Sanna kept Ghazali-trained mare up front coming off Gate 3 and then held on to the advantage through the six-furlongs for her third straight victory.
Al Wasmiyah Farm’s Noor Al Hawa made it two victories for the colours yesterday with Sanna guiding the chestnut son of Makfi to a fantastic victory in the Class 2 Thoroughbreds event.
After staying within striking distance for the bulk of the race, once Sanna gave the go-ahead, Noor Al Hawa breezed past the competition on the straight to win by three-and-a-half lengths.
The Italian jockey was earlier astride maiden winner and another Ghazali ward, Perfect Empire, in the colours of Al Wasmiyah Farm.
A late charge by Al Ghazali Stud’s Maghamir Des Forges saw Qatari apprentice rider Saleh Salem al-Marri notch his seventh win of the season. In the Purebred Arabian Handicap for horses rated 90 and below, the gelding came on the outside and edged out Ennab, helmed by Alberto Sanna, by a neck at the post for his first win in Qatar.
The impressive Al Lusail was the only winner of the day for trainer Hadi Nasser al-Ramzani. The Al Jeryan Stud horse had Ronan Thomas in the saddle once again, and the duo raced to their sixth victory together, when they topped the mile-long Local Thoroughbreds event by half-a-length.
Doha Triple Crown winner Ebraz, owned by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Khalifa al-Thani was back at Al Rayyan Park for the first time since winning his third His Highness The Amir’s Sword in February. Julian Smart’s ward, who missed out on a Qatar Arabian World Cup victory owing to heavy ground at ParisLongchamp, had little trouble yesterday going from the back to the front on the home straight of the 2000m Purebred Arabian Handicap for horses rated 90 and above, winning by a little less than three lengths.
A fantastic ride by JP Guillambert saw Zakhir Racing’s Al Fayz race to victory in the Thoroughbred Handicap event for horses rated 65-75. The Zuhair Mohsen-schooled five-year-old made a slow start but Guillambert had the gelding steadily move up on the outside and then got him going almost 400m out. Al Fayz obeyed and he had soon taken the advantage to win by a little more than two lengths.
Ibrahim al-Malki-trained Arandas started his new season right from where he had left the last term, registering his second straight victory. Francois Herholdt, riding in the colours of Sheikh Faisal bin Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, guided the colt to a three-length win in the seven-furlong Local Thoroughbred Plate for three-year-olds.
Earlier yesterday, Khalid Rashid Saif al-Khayarin’s Kuwaity shed his maiden status.
Race 1: THOROUGHBRED MAIDEN PLATE (3 Year Olds) (Class 6) (Distance: 1200m)
1. Kuwaity (Eduardo Pedroza), 2. In The Night (Francois Herholdt), 3. Superior Moment (Tomas Lukasek), 4. Cotai Again (Marco Casamento). Won by: 1 ¾, Hd, ¾. Time: 1:11.24. Owner: Khalid Rashid Saif al-Khayarin. Trainer: Mohamed Khaled Elahmed.
Race 2: THOROUGHBRED MAIDEN PLATE (Class 6) (Distance: 1600m)
1. Perfect Empire (Alberto Sanna), 2. Main Reef (Faleh Bughanaim), 3. Amenable (Luca Maniezzi), 4. Forneus (Ronan Thomas). Won by: 3 ¾, 1 ½, 3. Time: 1:36.63. Owner: Al Wasmiyah Farm. Trainer: Jassim Mohamed Ghazali.
Race 3: LOCAL THOROUGHBRED PLATE (3 Year Olds) (Distance: 1400m)
1. Arandas (Francois Herholdt), 2. Equinoxe (Ronan Thomas), 3. Al Kharu (Randall Simons), 4. Wukair (Soufiane Saadi). Won by: 3, 4 ¾, 4. Time: 1:26.24. Owner: Sheikh Faisal bin Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani. Trainer: Ibrahim al-Malki.
Race 4: THOROUGHBRED HANDICAP (65-75) (Distance: 1600m)
1. Al Fayz (JP Guillambert), 2. Izzer (Mickael Berto), 3. Al Mikdam (Rashid Ali al-Marri), 4. Greyscape (Francois Herholdt). Won by: 2 ¼, No, 4. Time: 1:36.02. Owner: Zakhir Racing. Trainer: Zuhair Mohsen.
Race 5: PUREBRED ARABIAN HANDICAP (90 & below) (Distance: 1400m)
1. Maghamir Des Forges (Saleh Salem al-Marri), 2. Ennab (Alberto Sanna), 3. Al Junood (Meteb Ali al-Marri), 4. Gold Amer (Ronan Thomas). Won by: Nk, 1 ½, 3. Time: 1:32.16. Owner: Al Ghazali Stud. Trainer: Jassim Mohamed Ghazali.
Race 6: PUREBRED ARABIAN HANDICAP (90 & above) (Distance: 2000m)
1. Ebraz (Tomas Lukasek), 2. Bin General (Ronan Thomas), 3. Mehdi (Soufiane Saadi), 4. Latam (Carlos Henrique). Won by: 2 ¾, 3, 2 ¼. Time: 2:12.78. Owner: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Khalifa al-Thani. Trainer: Julian Smart.
Race 7: LOCAL THOROUGHBREDS (Distance: 1600m)
1. Al Lusail (Ronan Thomas), 2. Black Pearl (Soufiane Saadi), 3. Abha (Killian Leonard), 4. Shaman Bu Thaila (Tomas Lukasek). Won by: ½, 2, 4 ½. Time: 1:36.65. Owner: Al Jeryan Stud. Trainer: Hadi Nasser al-Ramzani.
Race 8: THOROUGHBREDS (Class 2) (Distance: 2000m)
1. Noor Al Hawa (Alberto Sanna), 2. Esteve (Ronan Thomas), 3. Beachwalk (Luca Maniezzi), 4. Baghdad (Soufiane Saadi). Won by: 3 ½, ¾, Shd. Time: 2:02.62. Owner: Al Wasmiyah Farm. Trainer: Georges Mikhalides.
Race 9: LOSAIL CUP (PUREBRED ARABIANS) (Distance: 1200m)
1. RB Kindle (Alberto Sanna), 2. Ateej (Marco Casamento), 3. Evolution Du Croate (Mickael Berto), 4. Daloob (Ronan Thomas), 4. Methgal (Tomas Lukasek). Won by: 2 ¼, 1 ½, 4 ¼, DH. Time: 1:16.75. Owner: Al Shahania Stud. Trainer: Jassim Mohamed Ghazali.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Seeyoubyme takes feature; four winners for al-Malki
Sanchez calls for discipline as Qatar take on Bangladesh
Melbourne and Tokyo into Asian Champions League round of 16
Neymar puts Man United to the sword as Dortmund advance
Williamson puts NZ in command
Disjointed Steelers hold on to beat Baltimore
Murray can still compete against top guys: former coach
Argentina lift suspensions over racist tweets
F1 set for speedy race, days after fireball and without Hamilton