Mall of Qatar said on Monday evening that it had resumed operations on confirming safety standards following an incident involving "slight smoke" earlier in the day.
Around afternoon Monday, the Ministry of Interior tweeted that the Civil Defence had taken safety measures at Mall of Qatar after "slight smoke was detected from an electrical substation attached to the mall".
There were no casualties, the MoI said.
In a related tweet, Mall of Qatar said the "situation has been brought under control after an incident of slight smoke arose from the air-conditioning unit of an outdoor advertising billboard". "No damage or injuries occurred," it said. "Your safety is our utmost priority."
Later in the evening, the mall informed through social media that it is "open now to welcome visitors and has resumed its operations as usual after confirming safety standards".
"We appreciate your patience and collaboration," Mall of Qatar said, extending "a big thanks" to the Civil Defence.