The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has reiterated the dos and don'ts during home quarantine for residents returning to Qatar.
From this month, residents stuck abroad are allowed to return to Qatar provided they have obtained the ‘Exceptional Entry Permit' from Qatar Portal. Then, depending on where they are coming from and other factors, they will have to go for home quarantine or hotel quarantine upon arrival at Hamad International Airport.
The MoPH had issued a set of guidelines for home quarantine recently, which it reiterated through a series of posts on social media Wednesday.
"To protect yourself, your family and the community as a whole, it is important that you adhere to the following guidelines during your home quarantine period," the MoPH said.
* On arrival, avoid any form of physical contact with family members.
* Allocate a separate room with an en-suite bathroom at home with adequate ventilation. You should not leave your room during the quarantine period.
* Download the Ehteraz app. Your health code colour during the quarantine period will be 'yellow'. It will turn to 'green' once you have completed the quarantine period and your Covid-19 test result is negative.
* Do not allow visitors in your house during the quarantine period.
* Use a tissue for coughing or sneezing and dispose of it immediately in a lined and closed waste bin.
* Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
* Only one member of the family should be allowed to provide care to you. Your caregiver should wear a mask and gloves every time they enter your room and should dispose of the mask and gloves and wash their hands immediately after leaving.
* Use separate dishes, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding and other items, and wash these items separately from those used by other household members.
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items at least once a day, including tables, door handles and mobile phones. Use single-use gloves when cleaning. Dispose of the gloves and wash your hands thoroughly when finished.
* Stay healthy by eating a healthy balanced diet, drinking enough water and getting enough sleep.
* Keep the public health team updated with your health status through their daily calls and regular home visits. Inform them immediately if you develop any flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, body aches or change in taste or smell.