As part of the measures taken following the resumption of the QNB Stars League 2019-20 season and to gradually restore normalcy, the Qatar Stars League (QSL) has decided to allow fans at the stadiums with a limited number of tickets for each match starting from Week 21 of the QNB Stars League, in co-operation with the authorities concerned.
This will be done amid the observance of a host of precautionary measures that have been put in place.
The QNB Stars League’s Week 21 matches will be played tomorrow and on Friday.
"There will be a number of specific controls for each match to ensure the safety and security of everyone," the official QNA reported Tuesday. These are as follows:
* Everyone must have a ticket to enter the stadium
* Tickets will be available only online, on the official website (tickets.qsl.qa)
* Only General Admission tickets will be up for sale. Tickets for the left and right sides of the VIP Stand will not be sold
* Children below 12 years of age will be denied entry into the stadium
* All attendees must wear masks while the Ehteraz mobile application must display the 'green' status.
* Maintaining social distancing is a must at the stadium
Three matches are scheduled on each day during Week 21. Al Janoub and Al Sadd stadiums will host the games.
The fixtures are Al Sailiya vs Al Arabi (Al Janoub Stadium), Al Ahli vs Al Wakrah (Al Janoub Stadium) and Qatar SC vs Al Sadd (Al Sadd Stadium) tomorrow; and Umm Salal vs Al Gharafa (Al Janoub Stadium), Al Shahania vs Al Rayyan (Al Janoub Stadium) and Al Duhail vs Al Khor (Al Sadd Stadium) on Friday.
Meanwhile, Qatar Football Association (QFA) yesterday said based on the statement issued by the QSL, fans will return to the QNB Stars League only in accordance with the conditions and standards prepared in line with the precautionary and preventive measures aimed at limiting the spread of Covid-19, QNA reported.
QFA affirmed that fans would not be allowed to enter stadiums hosting matches of the 2019-2020 second division league, except after assessing the situation from all sides and taking the appropriate decision in this regard in co-ordination with the relevant authorities, QNA added.