Some 2,300 companies have registered on the online recruitment platform launched earlier this month by Qatar Chamber, in co-operation with the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs (MADLSA), to facilitate the re-employment of skilled labourers in the local market.
This was announced by QC director-general Saleh bin Hamad al-Sharqi during a Joint Co-ordination Committee webinar between Qatar Chamber and the ministry Sunday.
The meeting, which was presided over by al-Sharqi and MADLSA assistant undersecretary for Labour Affairs Mohamed Hassan al-Obaidli, reviewed the mechanisms of the online recruitment platform – a joint initiative of both organisations.
The platform is available on the QC website to enable companies to choose laid-off employees by filling up dedicated forms for each such individual and attaching the required documents.
The meeting was attended by members of the committee: Ali Busharbak al Mansuri, assistant director-general for Government Relations and Committee Affairs; Abdel Aziz al-Kawari, director of Legal Affairs; Anoud al-Muhannadi, director of Member Affairs; Hamad Ali Muaiqal al-Mari, Legal Research; Fawaz Mohamed al-Rayyes, director of Employment Administration at the MADLSA; Abdullah Mubarak al-Dosari, director of the Labour Relations Department; Fahad Zafer al-Dosari, director of the Labour Inspection Department; and Mohamed Juma al-Kawari as reporter of the committee.
During the meeting, attendees agreed on the committee’s working mechanism and to hold meetings on a monthly basis, as well as to discuss all employment platform issues concerning private sector companies related to the work of the ministry. The meeting also reviewed the development of the platform “as the only official platform for recruiting labourers”.
Al-Obaidli said the platform is an important initiative by the chamber, stressing its importance to the MADLSA in helping provide labour in the local market, especially under the current conditions created by the spread of Covid-19.
Al-Sharqi said the main objective of the platform is to help facilitate businesses, and noted that the chamber is keen to help companies search for new labourers.
He said an agreement will be signed soon between QC and the MADLSA to regulate the work of the platform, which is officially approved. This affirms that the platform “is the only official platform for recruiting labourers in the State”, and any other platform will be treated an unofficial.
Al-Sharqi urged private sector companies not to deal with any unofficial platform. He called on companies to register on the platform to benefit from its free services, noting that the chamber is interested to help companies to hire skilled labourers from among laid-off workers of other companies, in co-ordination with the ministry.
He also said the platform is not only dedicated to the current conditions related to the spread of Covid-19, but will also continue in the future, noting that the platform has been developed so that individuals seeking work can login to the platform and register their data and resumes.
The procedures for hiring labourers are governed by the laws of the State and supervised by the MADLSA, al-Sharqi added, noting that the platform will be promoted in different languages.