The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) has issued an advisory on what to do after shopping and returning home.
The tips cover various aspects and are available on the ministry’s Twitter page.
The MoCI advisory states the following:
* Take off your shoes outside the house
* Safely dispose of face masks and gloves immediately after removing them
* Take off your clothes, put them aside and wash them separately at 60-70C
* Empty and dispose of your bags
* Wash all cans as well as plastic and glass containers with water and soap before arranging or using them. You may spray disinfectants on the labels of food products before using them
* Wash your hands with water and soap for 20-30 seconds after disposing of the bags or opening cans and using their content
* Wash and sterilise vegetables and fruits by soaking them in water and vinegar. Vegetables like lettuce, parsley, mint and green onions may be soaked in water for 10-15 minutes and then washed well and dried
* Clean and sterilise surfaces that have come in contact with bags, using sterilisers or watered-down chlorine