* Ministry has issued instructions to employers and employees in several languages to maintain a safe working environment
The Ministry of Public health has intensified precautionary and preventive measures in workplaces with regard to coronavirus (Covid-19).
The ministry has issued instructions to employers and employees in several languages to maintain a safe working environment.
Dr Asmaa al-Nuaimi, NHS National Lead for healthy and Safe Employees, said that the guidelines specify for the employers what they must follow in order to prevent the spread of the virus inside the workplace, in addition to instructions for employees to act with caution and follow health and safety rules.
She clarified that the instructions are in line with the procedures and awareness campaigns that have been adopted by the authorities in Qatar since the virus outbreak, and are based on the principle that safety is a common responsibility and by working together, the people can take serious steps to prevent the transmission of the virus.
The guidelines include the responsibilities of employers, which encompasses identifying the symptoms of the virus, its transmission methods, and environmental cleaning of workplaces by installing hand sanitisers, disinfecting the workplace and providing the required personal protection tools, in addition to measuring the temperature of employees using non-touch devices, maintaining a safe distance, suspending the use of fingerprint scan, stop receiving visitors and cancelling external meetings and using technological solutions.
The guidelines also include stopping the use of external companies to provide food and drink for workers and a recommendation to the Mental Health Service, by circulating to employees all facts related to coronavirus and work flexibility, as employers have to be flexible and enable individuals to work from home and abide by national directives that include guidelines and procedures that the employer must take in the event of an infection of one of the employees.
The ministry also issued many important guidelines for employees to take precaution and follow health and safety rules, including introducing them to common symptoms of coronavirus, infection methods, personal hygiene advice to protect them, health habits they should follow, and the need to avoid travelling and attending social events, in addition to informing them on how to monitor and observe the infection and directing them to health centres if symptoms appear.
Guildelines for employers
* Identifying the symptoms of the virus and its transmission methods,
* Environmental cleaning of workplaces
* Installing hand sanitisers
* Disinfecting the workplace
* Providing the required personal protection tools,
* Measuring the temperature of employees using non-touch devices
* Maintaining a safe distance
* Suspending the use of fingerprint scan,
* Stop receiving visitors
* Cancelling external meetings
* Using technological solutions
Instructions for employees
*Take precaution and follow health and safety rules
* Identifying common symptoms of coronavirus infection methods
* Maintaining personal hygiene and health habits to be followed
* Avoid travelling and attending social events
* Monitoring and observing the infection
* Contacting health centres if symptoms appear
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar, UK strengthen historic partnership
DICID work 'focused on confronting challenges to peaceful co-existence '
QNA celebrates 47th anniversary Wednesday
First batch of Typhoon aircraft to be delivered to Qatar in August
Amir: Increasing opportunities to consolidate strategic relations with UK
PM meets heads of delegations participating in Milipol Qatar 2022
Amir's visit to the UK shows solid relations between countries
MoI unveils Early Warning System
QU marks graduation of 45th batch Wednesday, Thursday