Kuwait health ministry reveals 17 new virus cases
March 22 2020 02:16 AM
RELATED STORIES
.
An aerial view taken on Friday shows Kuwait City and the National Assembly Building (Kuwait Parliament), after the country entered virtual lockdown, as a preventive measure against the coronavirus disease.

QNA/Reuters/Agencies Kuwait

Up to 17 coronavirus cases were discovered over past 24 hours in Kuwait, bringing total number of people infected with Covid-19 virus to 176, official spokesman of the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced yesterday.
Earlier yesterday, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Sheikh Dr Basil al-Sabah, announced that five cases of coronavirus had been cured, bringing the total of those who have recovered from the disease to 27.

FOUR NEW CASES 
RECORDED IN OMAN 

The Ministry of Health in the Sultanate of Oman announced the registration of four new cases of coronavirus (Covid-19). The four cases are Omani citizens, and two of the four cases were mixing with previous cases, and the other two cases were travelling to Britain and Spain, bringing the total number of cases registered in the Sultanate of Oman to 52 cases, the health ministry said in a statement carried by Oman’s ONA.

The ministry also confirmed the recovery of 13 people from coronavirus.
The United Arab Emirates is shutting beaches, parks, pools, cinemas and gyms from today for two weeks over coronavirus concerns, the state news agency WAM said, Reuters reported.
Restaurants and cafes will be allowed to operate for the same period at 20% of capacity, and as long as customers are at least two metres apart, and for delivery services, subject to review.
Dubai carrier Emirates Airlines also announced it would suspend flights to dozens more cities, taking its total route closures past 100, in a bid to forestall the spread of coronavirus.
The United Arab Emirates on Friday announced its first two deaths from the disease. Total recorded infections in the UAE stood at 153, of which 38 have recovered. 
The latest suspensions by Emirates Airlines take the carrier’s total closed routes to 111.
The airline normally serves 159 destinations. “In response to the latest developments in the Covid-19 outbreak around the world, Emirates is taking extra steps that go above and beyond industry and regulatory requirements to ensure our customers’ health and comfort,” the company said. 
Emirates said flights to some destinations would be suspended for up to three months while others, including to Paris, Frankfurt and Islamabad “until further notice”. Gulf countries have imposed various restrictions to combat the spread of coronavirus, particularly in the air transport sector.
The UAE has stopped granting visas on arrival and forbidden foreigners who are legal residents but who are currently outside the country from returning.



There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MORE NEWS

HAPPENING IN DOHAMore