By Mudassir Raja
Though the all-popular Summer Entertainment City (SEC) is going to end soon, the excitement for entertainment and edutainment activities is still very high.
Dubbed as Qatar’s biggest family entertainment event in summer, the SEC is being organised by QSports in collaboration with the Qatar National Tourism Council at Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre as a part of the Summer in Qatar campaign.
The fun-filled family gala will end on July 13 (tomorrow). It has, however, proved to be a crowd puller and for the last few days the organisers added new attractions particularly for the kids.
Keeping in view the excitement and repeated visits by the families, the organisers recently decided to add on some new rides. The major attraction is going to be the giant slide. It is one of the highest inflatable slide-down in the region. It is as high as 10 metre. The other major new attraction is pirate ship. It is an inflatable depot pirate themed slide that features the look of a giant wooden pirate ship. This incredible game will keep children jumping, bouncing, and sliding down all the day long.
Yet another attraction that will be an exciting experience for the kids is the princess castle. It will offer children the opportunity to bounce, climb, slide, and play. It is a dreamland inflatable bounce castle. The fourth major attraction is inflatable ocean ball. The organisers welcome kids to Qatar’s soft play and ocean ball pit. They let the kids be free to feel the unique experience.
The main areas of the SEC that started on June 5 include amusement rides, skills games with prizes, bespoke trampoline park, a kids driving school setup, giant blocks park for kids to play and build with large lego-type blocks, a 1,000sqm ocean ball soft play area, Qatar’s first Inflata Park spread over 1,200sqm, world’s largest bounce castle, a 1,200sqm skate park, synthetic ice skating, Spider Climbing tower and over 45 food options and 100 retail outlets.
Talking to Community, Qazi Yousri, Media Manager of QSports, said: “We have replaced some of the attractions with new excitements. It has been done to provide novel and fresh experiences to the visitors and especially those kids who have been regular or frequent visitors at the SEC. We have observed that there are families in large numbers have been frequent visitors to the facility.
“The visitors have been getting a variety of entertainment at the entertainment city such as live musical and cultural shows done by different embassies, fire shows, and dance performances. Both the last and this weekend, we are having a splendid clown show for the kids. Yet, we felt the need to introduce new and exciting rides as the frequently visiting children were getting done with the available inflatable park and castle. The new amusements are equally popular among the kids and the adults as we allow parents as well to enjoy the high rides with their kids.”
Sharing some details about how successful this year’s entertainment city has been, Qazi said: “So far, we have noticed that over 54,000 people have visit the city. The majority of the visitors were families with the number of children dominating the adults. This year we have also witnessed that the number of repeat-visitors was higher than what we had last year. Among all the visitors, about 70 percent were Qataris. The rest of the 30 percent was different expatriate communities mainly South Asians.”
The organiser further said: “We have also noticed that the number of the visitors staying at the city for a long time remained higher than that of the last year. This year the trend has been that the visitors tend to stay for a longer time with their kids. They spent more on having food and buying clothes, handicrafts and other daily use items.”
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
“You’ve got to protect the cast” – Richard Clark
A rich tapestry
To the count of 10
“It’s really important to me to show that I work really hard” — Maude Apatow, actress, on getting past her director dad
Entertainment wealth distribution, anyone?
‘Shared destiny’ at heart of We Are One global pitch
QPO entertains kids with Peter and the Wolf symphony on Eid
Russian violinist lauds Qatar’s efforts to curb Covid-19 outbreak
Romanian violinist sees strength in the unifying power of faith, art