At least ten people have been killed and 50 others injured on Monday in a powerful explosion in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Interior Ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said that the militants detonated a car bomb near the Gulbahar Tower, adding that militants entered another residential complex after the attack.
He pointed out that the Afghan security forces cordoned off the area and are currently conducting a security operation to neutralize the militants.
For their part, officials in the Ministry of Public Health said that 53 injured civilians were taken to hospitals for treatment.
On Sunday, eight of the Independent Electoral Commission (IHEC) staff were killed in an armed attack on a UNHCR office in the southern province of Kandahar.
Qatar condemns explosion
The State of Qatar has strongly condemned and denounced the explosion which targeted the center of the Afghan capital Kabul, causing deaths and dozens of injuries.
In a statement today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterated Qatars firm stance rejecting violence and terrorism, regardless of motives and reasons.
The statement expressed the condolences of Qatar to the victims families, the government and the people of Afghanistan, wishing the injured a speedy recovery.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Afghan president signs off on Taliban prisoner release, peace talks expected in days
Afghanistan to release 400 Taliban in bid for peace
Afghan peace talks close after Taliban prisoner release approved
Mass jailbreak in Afghanistan, at least 24 die in Islamic State attack
Afghan ceasefire holds as hundreds of Taliban prisoners freed
15 Children killed as floods ravage Afghan village
Taliban announce three-day ceasefire in Afghanistan starting Friday
More than 1,200 civilians dead in Afghanistan so far in 2020: UN
Taliban accuses Afghan government of recapturing released prisoners