Qatar and France signed a slew of agreements and memorandums of understanding with a view to further enhancing bilateral relations, following a session of official talks chaired by HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani and his French counterpart Edouard Philippe at the Amiri Diwan yesterday.
At the outset of the session, HE the Prime Minister welcomed Edouard Philippe and his accompanying delegation, thanking them for attending the official opening of the National Museum of Qatar on Wednesday, which highlights the depth of the friendly relations between both countries.
The Prime Minister voiced his confidence that the meeting will contribute to instilling the strategic understanding between the Qatar and France.
The Prime Minister also reaffirmed his full conviction that there are bright prospects for further co-operation between Qatar and France which must be discovered and shared in a spirit of partnership and harmony to serve the two countries and the two peoples in various fields.
For his part, the French prime minister thanked Qatar for the warm reception he received along with the accompanying delegation which is composed of ministers, parliamentarians and corporate executives.
He also expressed his pleasure at attending the opening of the National Museum of Qatar which he described as an important and wonderful monument that adds greatly to Qatar’s beauty.
The French Prime Minister added that the relations between both countries are continuously developing, especially during the tough phase that the people of Qatar are facing and have been able to overcome successfully.
During the session, they discussed bilateral relations between both countries and aspects of promoting and developing them in various fields, especially in the security, defence, cultural and educational fields.
Both sides also exchanged views on regional and international developments of common interest. The talks session was attended by a number of ministers and senior officials from both sides.
Following the talks session, HE Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani and Prime Minister Edouard Philippe witnessed the signing of the following agreements and memorandums of understanding between both governments, at the Amiri Diwan:
1. An agreement between the governments of Qatar and France on exchanging classified and protected information in the defence field.
2. A letter of intent between the French Ministry of the Interior and the security committee for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
3. An administrative arrangement annex for co-operation between the French Ministry of Justice and the Public Prosecution in Qatar on promoting co-operation in the field of fighting cyber crimes.
4. A letter of intent between Qatar Museums and the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs on moving the French Institute in Qatar to Bait Al Zaman.
5. A letter of intent between Qatar Museums and Palais de Tokyo in Paris.
6. A co-operation agreement between Imagine institute for genetic diseases and Hamad bin Khalifa University.
The agreements and memorandums of understanding signing ceremony was attended by the ministers from both sides.
Earlier upon arrival at the Amiri Diwan, the French prime minister was accorded an official reception ceremony.
Following the agreement signing ceremony, HE Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani hosted a luncheon banquet in honour of the French prime minister and his accompanying delegation.
HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani and his French counterpart Edouard Philippe chairing official talks at the Amiri Diwan yesterday.