Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards said Monday it has arrested three ‘terrorists’ involved in last week's deadly suicide bomb attack on security forces in southeastern Iran.
‘Safe houses in (the cities of) Saravan and Khash were identified and eliminated, and the terrorists based in them were arrested,’ the force said on its official Sepah news agency.
‘Three of the terrorists were arrested and 150 kilograms (330 pounds) of explosives and 600 kilograms of explosive materials as well as weapons and ammunition were confiscated,’ it said.
The Guards said the three arrested had ‘produced, guided and supported’ the vehicle used in Wednesday's suicide bombing.
The bombing killed 27 members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards travelling on a bus in the volatile province of Sistan-Baluchistan, which straddles the border with Pakistan.
The attack was claimed by the jihadist outfit Jaish al-Adl (Army of Justice).
Iran has provided Pakistani officials with ‘information on the terrorist groups' hidden and semi-hidden training centres’, army chief-of-staff Mohammad Bagheri told Tasnim news agency.
Guards commander Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari has accused Pakistan's army and intelligence agency of sheltering the militants.
On Sunday, the foreign ministry summoned the Pakistani ambassador in Tehran and urged Islamabad to ‘seriously confront... the terrorist groups active on its border’ with Iran.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Troops strike Gaza after cross-border fire
Yemen risks 'massive resurgence' of cholera: Oxfam
Turkey arrests two suspected UAE spies: report
Protesters again march in Khartoum
Tripoli fight could spark conflagration: UN envoy
UN envoy to Libya warns of 'conflagration'
Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
Iraq moves to ban online game PUBG for 'inciting violence'
Shells kill 7 in Tripoli neighbourhood as Haftar's two-week siege rages