Qatar Airways has announced that its flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport, Turkey, will be temporarily transferred to Sabiha Gochen Airport (SAW) on March 1 and 2 due to relocation to the new Istanbul Airport.
Revised flight schedules for the flights transferred to SAW will be advertised on the Qatar Airways homepage, on the Flight Status tab, the airline said in a travel alert on its website.
The Doha-based carrier also said it regular flight schedule to SAW will be unaffected.
“International passenger operations at Istanbul Ataturk Airport will transfer to Istanbul Airport during the period from 1-2 March 2019. As a result, on these dates all Qatar Airways flights to Istanbul Ataturk Airport will be temporarily transferred to Sabiha Gochen Airport (SAW) subject to airport capacity,” the travel alert states.
“Qatar Airways' normal flight schedule will resume at the new Istanbul Airport (IST) from 00:00 on 3 March 2019. At this time the flights temporarily transferred to SAW will cease and the normal SAW flight schedule will resume,” the airline adds.
The code for the new Istanbul Airport will be IST, which was previously given to Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
During this period, affected passengers have been advised to do the following:
* Update their current contact details on the Manage Booking tab on the Qatar Airways homepage (https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/homepage.html)
* If the flight booking was made through a travel agent, they should contact the agent to update their contact details and rebook tickets
* Check flight details on the Flight Status tab on the Qatar Airways homepage (https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/homepage.html)
* If they have difficulty managing their booking, for assistance they can contact the Customer Care line at +974 4010 8932 or +974 4010 8938
* If overseas, they can contact the nearest Qatar Airways office (https://www.qatarairways.com/en-qa/worldwide-offices.html)
* Email the airline at [email protected]
* Tweet or DM (direct message) the airline at @qrsupport https://twitter.com/qrsupport
“We recommend that you arrive at the airport three hours before departure for all QR flights,” the airline added.Last updated: February 10 2019 10:22 PM
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MIA announces Ektashif initiative
Msheireb Properties to open Zulal Wellness Resort by mid-2020
Ezdan Holding Group to display mega projects at Cityscape Qatar
QCS, LuLu join hands on raising cancer awareness
Qatar Post to support Qatar Charity projects
Qatar-Bangladesh ties reviewed
Health Minister officially inducted into US National Academy of Medicine
Sidra Medicine launches Medical Toxicology fellowship programme
Labour Minister meets French Senate delegation