* New ministers take oath
* Chief of the Court of Cassation appointed
* Law issued on competencies of ministries
His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani issued on Sunday Amiri Order No 7 of 2018 reshuffling the Cabinet.
The Amiri Order appoints HE Dr Issa bin Saad al-Jafali al-Nuaimi as Minister of Justice, HE Abdullah bin Abdulaziz bin Turki al-Subaie as Minister of Municipality and Environment, HE Ali bin Ahmed al-Kuwari as Minister of Commerce and Industry, HE Yousef bin Mohamed al-Othman Fakhro as Minister of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs and HE Saad bin Sharida al-Kaabi as Minister of State for Energy Affairs and member of the Cabinet.
HE Dr al-Nuaimi will assume the duties of the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs in addition to the duties of his post.
The Amiri Order annuls any provisions contravening its rules.
The order is to go into effect from the date of issue and is to be published in the official gazette.
Later, Their Excellencies the new ministers appointed by Amiri Order No 7 of 2018, issued on Sunday to amend the formation of the Cabinet, took their oath before His Highness the Amir at the Amiri Diwan on Sunday.
The oath-taking ceremony was attended by His Highness the Deputy Amir Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad al-Thani. It was also attended by HE the Prime Minister and Interior Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani.
Meanwhile, the Amir issued Amiri Decision No 68 of 2018, amending some provisions of Amiri Decision No 16 of 2014 setting the competencies of ministries.
The new decision details the specialties and tasks of both the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and their various areas of jurisdiction and functions.
The decision is to go into effect from the date of issue and is to be published in the official gazette.
In another development, the Amir issued on Sunday Amiri Order No 5 of 2018 appointing HE Dr Hassan bin Lahdan al-Muhannadi as Chief of the Court of Cassation.
The Amiri Order is effective starting from its date of issue and is to be published in the official gazette.
HE the Chief of the Court of Cassation took the oath before His Highness the Amir, thereby becoming the Chief of the Supreme Judiciary Council under the provisions of the Judicial Authority Law promulgated by Law No 10 of 2003.
The oath-taking ceremony was attended by His Highness the Deputy Amir.
Other key developments
Besides the Cabinet reshuffle, His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani issued a number of other laws, decisions, decrees and orders on Sunday. Following are the highlights:
* Order No 6 of 2018, appointing HE Masoud bin Mohamed al-Amri as Adviser at His Highness the Deputy Amir's Office
* Decision No 74 of 2018 establishing the National Tourism Council
* Decision No 75 of 2018 to form the board of directors of the National Tourism Council
* Law No 20 of 2018 on tourism regulation
* Law No 21 of 2018 on organising business events
* Decision No 72 of 2018 restructuring the Qatar Investment Authority board
* Decision No 73 of 2018 on restructuring the board of directors of Qatar Petroleum
* Decree No 70 of 2018 establishing the Planning and Statistics Authority
* Decree No 71 of 2018 appointing HE Dr Saleh Mohamed Salem al-Nabit as chairman of the Planning and Statistics Authority
* Decision No 76 of 2018 appointing the board of directors of Qatar Financial Markets Authority
* Decision No 35 of 2014 regulating Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation