* The permanent representatives of Qatar and Paraguay at the UN signed a joint statement in New York regarding the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries in 2003
Exchange of visits:
* His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, the Amir of Qatar at that time, visited Paraguay in 2010.
* Alejandro Hamed Franco, special envoy of the President of Paraguay, visited Qatar in 2009.
Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding between the two countries:
* Economic, commercial and technical co-operation agreement.
* In February this year, Qatar and Paraguay signed an agreement on mutual promotion and protection of investments between the two countries. The agreement was signed by HE the Minister of Economy and Commerce Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohamed al-Thani and the Minister of Industry and Commerce of Paraguay. The agreement aims to create a good investment climate between the two countries and to promote and protect those investments. The volume of trade exchange between the two countries reached nearly QR5.92mn in 2017.
* News co-operation and exchange agreement between Qatar News Agency and Paraguay News Agency.
* Memorandum of Understanding for consultation between the foreign ministries of the two countries.
Paraguay National Day celebration in Doha.