The Cabinet’s regular meeting, chaired by HE the Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani yesterday welcomed the outcome of the official visit of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani to France from July 5 to 7.
Following the meeting at the Amiri Diwan yesterday, HE the Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Hassan Lahdan Saqr al-Mohannadi said that the meeting stressed that the outcome of the Amir’s visit was successful due to the important discussions that he held with French President Emmanuel Macron and Prime Minister Edouard Philippe.
The Cabinet members also praised the meeting for promoting close bilateral co-operation on various regional and international issues as well as the agreements signed, which they described as an important positive development in the strategic relations between the two friendly countries.
They added that the deals will move the two sides to a new stage of constructive co-operation, mutual understanding and co-ordination for the benefit of their people and for the benefit of peace, security and stability in the region and the world.
Later, the Cabinet discussed the subjects on schedule and made the following decisions:
The Council reviewed the programmes set by the relevant ministries in implementation of the directives contained in the speech of His Highness the Amir at the opening of the 46th ordinary session of the Advisory Council and decided that the designated authorities shall take the necessary steps to follow up on the implementation of these programmes.
The Cabinet then took the necessary measures to issue the following draft laws, after reviewing the recommendations of the Advisory Council:
1. The first draft law was amending some provisions of Law No 21 for the year 2015 regulating the entry and exit of expatriates and their residence in the country.
2. The second draft law focused on amending some provisions of Law No 1 of 2016 on the organisation of sports clubs.
3. The third draft law was on the promotion of competitiveness of national products and the control of harmful practices in international trade.
4. The fourth draft law was on Road Transport of Hazardous Substances.
5. The fifth draft law centred around regulating land transport.
The Cabinet then approved and ratified the following:
1. The Cabinet approved its draft decision to amend the regulation of some units which consist of the Ministry of Transport and Communications and appointing its specialisation.
2. The Cabinet approved the suggestion of the Ministry of Transport and Communications regarding the national programme to facilitate air transport.
3. The Cabinet also approved the membership of Qatar Red Crescent Society to the standing committee for rescue, relief and humanitarian assistance.
4. The Cabinet took the necessary measures to ratify the memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation between Qatar Media Corporation and Iraqi Media Network.
5. The Cabinet approved the draft MoU on co-operation in the fields of youth and sports between the governments of Qatar and Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
6. The Cabinet approved to hold an economic forum on the sidelines of the first session of the Qatari-Ukrainian Joint Commission on Economic, Trade and Technical Co-operation (Doha, Sept 30 to Oct 2, 2018).
The Cabinet reviewed and took the necessary measures on the following:
1. On the report submitted by HE the Prime Minister on the entrepreneurship programme and the memorandum of HE the Minister of Administrative Development Labour and Social Affairs on the same matter.
2. On the report of HE the Minister of Economy and Commerce regarding his draft decision to determine the procedures of establishing commercial companies and the issuance of licences required using a single-window system.
3. On the report of HE the Minister of Economy and Commerce on the results of sixth meeting of Qatari-Iranian Joint Economic Commission (Doha April, 2018).
4. On the report of HE the Minister of Development Planning and Statistics on the first quarterly update for the Second National Development Strategy (2018-2022).
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
FM meets officials on sidelines of UN General Assembly
More Qatari women in social media: survey
QU inaugurates its new academic year
SC secretary-general announces plans for global refugee initiative
China founding day celebrated
116 students graduate from Shafallah Centre
Fifty One East opens new Bosch showroom in Lagoona Mall
Amir calls for unconditional talks to end Gulf crisis; stresses for laws to ensure cyber security
‘Construction sector leads in using technology for sustainable cities’