The UK government urged the Israeli government to reconsider its decision to demolish the Palestinian Bedouin village ‘Khan al-Ahmar’ east of Jerusalem, after the Supreme Court of the Israeli entity rejected the final appeal against the decision.
Minister of State for the Middle East at the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Alistair Burt said that the UK is very concerned about the impact of the demolition, warning that any forced relocation could constitute forcible transfer of people as far as the United Nations is concerned.
British Foreign secretary Boris Johnson had earlier called on Israel to reconsider the proposals for the demolition of Khan al-Ahmar and the plans to build more than 3,000 new settlement units in the West Bank.
Khan al-Ahmar village is home to 173 people, including 92 children. (QNA)
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Saudi to lift most covid curbs Sunday
Missile strikes on Syria oil refineries kill 4
Pope urges Iraqis to give peace a chance
Amir of Kuwait departs for US for medical tests
Egypt's 'Scorpion King' turns venom into money
Food trucks park for free in Bahrain mall to ease Covid-19 finances
ICC prosecutor set to probe war crimes in Palestinian Territories
10 rockets hit Iraq base hosting US troops
Saudi Arabia says vaccination must for this year’s Haj