Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways said on Saturday they will allow passengers barred by President Donald Trump's executive order to board US-bound flights after a federal judge blocked the move.
US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) has advised them they can board travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries and all refugees who had been banned under the order, the airlines said.
"Acceptance will naturally be subject to checks completed by US authorities as existed prior to the issuance of the Executive Order on 27 January," an Etihad spokesman told Reuters in emailed comments.
Emirates and Qatar Airways spokeswomen confirmed the airlines were again accepting all passengers with valid travel documents.
Air France, Spain's Iberia and Germany's Lufthansa also followed suit after the federal judge's ruling, which the White House said it planned to appeal as soon as possible.
Trump's suspension on the entry of nationals from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, and all refugees caught airlines off guard, with some carriers forced to re-roster flight crew in order to abide by the order.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Saudis enjoy Red Sea cruises as tourism sector opens up
Houthis rally in north Yemen as their fighters push south
Iran wants N-talks to result in lifting of all sanctions: Raisi
Failed Sudan coup attempt contained, situation under control: officials
One dead as bauxite trains collide in Guinea
Protesters against Sudan peace deal block roads, close key port
Gaza artist mixes beauty with pain in her ballet paintings
Iran nuclear chief urges US to ‘rectify wrong policies’
Former Algerian president Bouteflika given state funeral