Kashiwa come from behind once more to punish PSG
January 30 2017 11:21 PM
Kashiwa Reysol’s Kenta Tsutsumi (right) vies for the ball with a Paris Saint-Germain player during the Al Kass U-17 International Cup fifth place playoff at Aspire Zone yesterday.

By Sports Reporter/Doha

Kashiwa Reysol once again demonstrated their unmatched powers of recovery to come from behind and beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 in an entertaining fifth place play-off at the Al Kass U-17 International Cup.
With both Reysol and PSG providing some of the tournament’s most memorable moments, all eyes were on forwards Kaito Mori and Timothy Weah going into the game. The two had managed three goals each in the competition so far, and were seeking to increase their tallies in their final match at Al Kass 2017.
In the opening minutes, it looked as though a goal frenzy was on the cards, with both sides firing shots on target in the first 60 seconds. However, it turned out to be defenders that would steal the limelight in this play-off match.
PSG’s physical advantage worked in their favour for the opener. Weah earned his side a corner for Lucas Bernadou to cross to the far post, and captain Emmanuel Attah rose to meet the ball, high above an overcrowded Tomo Chiwata in goal. The midfielder had little difficulty guiding the ball into an empty net to give Paris the lead.
The first 45 ended with PSG ahead. However, Reysol’s tenacity has seen them come from behind before, meaning the match was far from over.
Sure enough, Kashiwa were back on level terms early in the second half. Offensive full-back Arata Yoshida drove the ball down the line and delivered an inviting cross into the box. Kaito Mori’s determination saw him latch onto the pass ahead of Moussa Sissako and stroke the ball past an unsuspecting Pierre Ouvry.
Reysol were working their way back into contention, looking as though they may snatch themselves a winner as the game wound down. However, few would have predicted the manner in which it came about, with an unexpected goalkeeping error from the normally dependable Ouvry gifting the Japanese a second.
The PSG number one received the ball at his feet in open play and, with few options ahead of him, struggled to decide who to pass to. With Kenta Tsutsumi fast approaching, the decision was made too late, as the ball bounced off the advancing forward and into the net.
A startled French side were unable to regroup after the error, and from the 66th minute failed to create any further opportunities.

There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*