Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) has concluded a five-day basic disaster management training course for 30 volunteers from QRCS and other Qatari organisations.
The purpose of the course is to build the capacity of volunteers in disaster response, through a set of topics that comply with international standards.
During the event, the participants were introduced to QRCS’s mission and activities, the history and components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and the seven Fundamental Principles.
Other topics covered by the course included the Disaster Management Unit, the International Humanitarian Law, Sphere Project, assessment, health, water and sanitation, food, camp management, psychological support, media relations, registration, distribution, logistics, co-ordination, and restoring family links.
This course is part of a larger disaster preparedness programme conducted by QRCS to enhance community preparedness skills, under the supervision of disaster management specialists.
Armed Forces to hold National Day parade training
The armed forces will be holding a military parade training for the National Day on December 17 from 6am to 1pm that includes parachuting and paramotoring shows from 2.30-10pm, the general command of the armed forces said.
In the Corniche area, the armed forces will hold parachuting training on December 18 from 6am to 1pm at an altitude of 1,000-5,000 feet and paramotoring shows at an altitude of 660 feet and a radius of 2km.
On the same day in Katara, the armed forces will carry out parachuting shows at an altitude of 1,000-5,000 feet and a radius of 500 metres from 2.30-8pm and paramotoring shows at an altitude of 660 feet and a radius of 2km.
The general command of the armed forces has cautioned visitors to these areas.
Emir issues two decrees
HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani yesterday issued the following decrees yesterday:
1. Decree No 51 of 2016 ratifying a Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) in the legal field between the Ministry of Justice of Qatar and the Ministry of Justice in Jordan signed in Amman on 21/02/2016 annexed to this Decree. The MoC shall have the force of law in accordance with Article 68 of the Constitution.
2. Decree No 52 of 2016 ratifying an agreement for co-operation in the legal field between the governments of Qatar and Kenya signed in Doha on 23/04/2014 annexed to this decree.
Instruments of ratification
HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani yesterday issued the following instruments of ratification:
1. Approving an air services agreement between the governments of Qatar and Benin signed in Doha on 12/11/2014.
2. Approving a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the governments of Qatar and Greece in the field of health and medical science signed in Doha on 26/10/2008.
3. Approving the accession of Qatar to the Nagoya Protocol On Access To Genetic Resources And The Fair And Equitable Sharing Of Benefits Arising From Their Utilisation To The Convention On Biological Diversity.
Emir ratifies Cabinet decision
HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani yesterday ratified Cabinet Decision No. 32 of 2016 issuing the Executive Regulations for the Human Resources Law.
Qatar, Moldova sign air service pact
Qatar and Moldova yesterday finalised the signing of the air services agreement between the two countries.
The agreement allows assigned carriers in Qatar and Moldova to operate any number of passenger and cargo flights between the two countries. The agreement was signed by Abdullah bin Nasser Turki al-Subaey, Chairman of Civil Aviation Authority, and Moldova’s Deputy Minister of Transport and Roads Infrastructure Sergei Bucataru.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
HBKU college recognised at Oman’s National Research Award 2020
QRCS launches relief drive for flood victims in Syria
Qatar Airways resumes UAE flights with Dubai service
talabat Qatar announces ‘amazing deals’ on tDine
Stage set for Katara International Arabian Horse Festival
QU hosts seminar on tender and auctions law
Explore, win prizes with Qatar Museums Monopoly Challenge
Amir meets Pakistani Chief of Staff
Amir visits Aviation Medical Centre