A man was found guilty in London Wednesday of a 2014 plot to kill police, troops and civilians in a drive-by shooting inspired by Islamic State (IS) group jihadists.
Suhaib Majeed was convicted of conspiracy to murder and preparation of terrorist acts following a trial in the British capital.
His friend, Tarik Hassane, pleaded guilty to the same charges last month.
Majeed had got hold of a gun and ammunition and was discussing buying a moped when police arrested him, the court heard.
He had identified a police station and an army reserve barracks in west London as possible targets on the internet, prosecutors said.
Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Metropolitan Police's counter-terrorism command, told reporters officers suspected Hassane ‘was communicating with people in Syria’.
‘There is every possibility that he was in Syria but I can't confirm that,’ he added.
Jurors had been warned by the trial judge at the Old Bailey court to put events in Brussels out of their mind as they considered their verdict.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Riot police on Greek islands as work begins on new migrant camps
Italy hosts summit with neighbouring countries on coronavirus crisis
Human rights under assault worldwide: UN chief
Car ploughs into carnival parade in German town
PM has ‘full confidence’ in Patel despite bullying claims
Assange put lives at risk, claims lawyer for US govt
Labour members vote for new leader
Car drives into German carnival parade, more than 30 reported injured
Assange appears in British court to fight US extradition bid