‘Stressed’ Adele walks out of Brits party
February 25 2016 08:30 PM
Tears run down the face of singer Adele as she reacts after receiving the Global Success award during the Brit Awards 2016 in London.

London Evening Standard/London

Adele said it was a “dream come true” to win four Brits — but then walked out of an after-party as soon as she arrived, saying: “I don’t want to do this.”
The singer, who sealed her position as the queen of British pop at the ceremony at the O2, turned around and left seconds after she entered the lobby of The Arts Club in Mayfair.
The club was the venue of the Sony Music bash, where Paloma Faith performed and guests included Mark Ronson and Labrinth.
A party-goer said: “I was in the entrance hall when Adele walked in. She looked really stressed out.  There were quite a few people around her and she just turned around and said, ‘I don’t want to do this, I’m going to go home,’ and walked out. It was so fast it happened in just a few seconds. She looked upset more than anything, like it was all too much for her. A woman in front of her just nodded her head and said, ‘OK, OK’.”
Adele, who won British album of the year, British female solo artiste, best British single and the global success award, had earlier used one of her acceptance speeches to support Kesha. The US star is embroiled in a contract row with Sony after accusing producer Dr Luke of sexually and physically assaulting her, which he has denied.
On Wednesday night Kesha released a statement in which she said: “Other entertainers who knowingly put their own careers at stake by supporting me, I will be forever grateful.”
Straight after the ceremony, Adele, 27, told the Standard: “I feel a bit worn-out, emotionally — this was absolutely incredible. To be back with my new album, and to be nominated and to win…I’m very British, so it’s a dream come true.” Elsewhere, Justin Bieber left his own private party at Tape nightclub in Mayfair after a fight broke out. The Canadian star, 21, arrived at around 1.30am and went into the VIP area with his group of friends.
A witness said: “About an hour after he had arrived, a man became involved in a scuffle with one member of his party, which had to be broken up by security staff.

There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*