Qatar and Ethiopia yesterday signed several agreements aimed at boosting bilateral relations following a session of official talks chaired by HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani and Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn at the presidential palace here.
The talks were attended by HE the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor al-Thani, members of the official delegation accompanying the Emir and a number of Ethiopian ministers.
During the meeting, the two sides discussed bilateral relations, ways of enhancing them in various fields, and reviewed a number of regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Following the official talks, the Emir and the Ethiopian prime minister witnessed the signing of the following agreements and Memorandums of Understanding:
1. An agreement for co-operation in the cultural field.
2. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Education and Higher Education and Scientific Research.
3. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Qatar Airways flights.
4. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Qatar Chamber and its Ethiopian counterpart.
5. An agreement on the encouragement and reciprocal protection of investments between the government of Qatar and Ethiopia.
6. An agreement on the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income between the governments of Qatar and Ethiopia.
HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani being accorded a red-carpet welcome in Addis Ababa yesterday.
Later the Emir met Ethiopian President Girma Wolde-Giorgis, at the presidential palace here. They discussed bilateral ties and means of enhancing and promoting them.
The meeting was attended by HE the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabor al-Thani, members of the official accompanying delegation, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn and a number of Ethiopian ministers.
In the evening the Emir attended a dinner banquet hosted by the Ethiopian Prime Minister at the Republican Palace in his honour.
Earlier upon arrival in Addis Ababa for a state visit Ethiopian Prime Minister Desalegn welcomed the Emir and the accompanying delegation at Bole International Airport. A red-carpet reception ceremony was accorded to the Emir.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar Airways expresses support for ‘Breast Cancer Awareness Month’
QCS chief participates in global leaders’ summit in Kazakhstan
HMC conference stresses need for gynaecological cancer awareness
Qatar National Library wins prestigious award
Cyber Security Centre holds training programme
Msheireb Properties showcases unique residential, commercial spaces at Downtown Doha
UDC unveils attractive investment opportunities
Qatar Airways to take record delivery of 40 planes in 2020
MIA’s Set in Stone exhibition opens