Qatar
Ministry confirms readiness as Qatar schools reopen Aug 30
Curricula, buses and textbooks ready for Qatar school reopening, says official
Qatar’s schools will welcome students back on August 30 as the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) completes preparations for the new academic year, including curricula, school transportation, textbooks and the safety of school buildings. Maryam Abdullah al-Mohannadi, director of the Public Relations and Communication Department at MoEHE, said all key preparations had been completed to ensure a smooth start to the 2026-2027 academic year.
"The school year will start on Sunday, and we will witness the return of our students to school,” al-Mohannadi said on the sidelines of the ministry’s 'Back-To-School' event at Place Vendome yesterday, organised in cooperation with Mowasalat (Karwa). She was accompanied by Mohammed Abukhadija, executive director of Commercial Affairs at Mowasalat (Karwa), at the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Al-Mohannadi told reporters that the ministry had completed its regular preparations covering curricula, school transportation, textbooks and the readiness and safety of school buildings. "Everything is ready for a successful school year,” she said, adding that the Back-To-School event was among the activities supporting students and families ahead of the return to classrooms.
The ministry will also hold its annual educational forum on August 25 at the Qatar National Convention Centre, bringing together education leaders, teachers and partners ahead of the new academic year. The forum will provide an opportunity to discuss educational priorities, strengthen communication and share expertise among members of the education community.
Al-Mohannadi also highlighted the important role of parents in preparing children for the new school year, describing families as key partners in achieving the ministry’s educational goals.
She urged parents to help their children gradually adjust their daily routines, particularly their sleeping and eating schedules, to facilitate a smooth transition back to school.
The ministry has also launched its Back to School 2026-2027 campaign, featuring interactive activities and booths for students and parents, as well as training workshops for teachers, school leaders, and members of the wider educational community.
A key component of this year’s campaign is the 'First Step' initiative, which MoEHE is launching for the first time in partnership with Rafeeq to support children as they begin their formal education. The initiative targets approximately 10,700 newly enrolled Grade 1 students in public schools, aiming to strengthen their early experiences as they embark on their educational journey. The campaign, according to MoEHE, is designed to support an integrated start to the academic year while promoting shared responsibility among schools, families and the wider education community.
With schools, transportation and learning materials prepared, the ministry is now focusing on ensuring that students and their families are equally ready for the transition back to school on August 30.