President of the Qatar General Electricity and Water Corp (Kahramaa) Essa bin Hilal al-Kuwari hailed Sunday the corporation's great digital transformation and its Arab and international prominence.
Addressing the opening session of the Second World Congress of Engineering and Technology (WCET), which kicked off Sunday at Qatar University, al-Kuwari said that Kahramaa began to digitise all its services years ago, including the installment of about 70% of smart meters, with the remaining 30% to be accomplished by the end of 2023.
The corporation has achieved the best rates of experience at the level of electricity and water networks in the Arab world, and it is almost among the best in the world, al-Kuwari said, highlighting endeavours to maintain its customer service excellence.
This distinction was greatly demonstrated during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, where the electricity network was used as a major source of electrical energy in the tournament, unlike previous tournaments that relied on an alternative source, he said.
FIFA approved Qatar's efficient electrical network as a main and alternative source, and the tournament made a success without any power outage recorded, al-Kuwari said.
In a related context, he stressed that Kahramaa was not affected by the supply chain crisis over the past years, thanks to the diversity of its contracts, strategic plans, strategic stocks, and its performance indicators, which contributed to achieving this success.
He stressed Kahramaa's keenness to provide high-quality water service with a completely potable production capacity and strategic reservoirs to face any emergencies.
Essa bin Hilal al-Kuwari at the congress Sunday. PICTURE: Shemeer Rasheed