His Highness the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani on Thursday issued a decree renewing the membership of some Advisory Council members and appointing new members.
Among the new members are four women: Hessa Sultan Jaber Mohamed al-Jaber, Aisha Youssuf Omar al-Hamad al-Mannai, Hend Abdurrahman Mohamed Mubarak al-Muftah and Reem Mohamed Rashid al-Hammoudi al-Mansouri.
The first article of the decree stipulates that the following members shall have their membership renewed:
1. Rashid Hamad al-Farhoud al-Maadhadi
2. Nasser Rashid Seraei al-Kaabi
3. Youssuf Rashid Youssuf al-Khater
4. Mohamed Khalid Abdulaziz al-Ghanim al-Maadheed
5. Ibrahim Khalifa Ibrahim al-Nasr
6. Nasser Suleiman Haider Mohamed al-Haider
7. Mohamed Abdullah Youssuf al-Sulaiti
8. Hadi Said Abdulhadi Heleit al-Khyareen
9. Abdullah Khalid Mohamed al-Mana
10. Nasser Khalil Ibrahim Youssuf al-Jaidah
11. Saqr Fahd Saqr al-Meraikhi
12. Nasser Ahmed Mohamed al-Malki al-Juhani
13. Ahmed Khalifa Meteeb Rashid al-Rumaihi
The second article stipulates that those whose names were not mentioned in the first article will cease to be members.
The third article stipulates that the following shall be appointed as members:
1. Youssuf Mohamed Youssuf al-Obaidan
2. Ismail Mohamed Shareef al-Emadi
3. Ahmed Abdullah Zaid al-Mahmoud
4. Abdurrahman Youssuf Abdurrahman al-Khulaifi
5. Youssuf Ahmed Ali Omran al-Kuwari
6. Abdullah Khalid Mohamed al-Jaber al-Nuaimi
7. Mohamed Abdullah Abdulghani Nasser al-Abdulghani
8. Dahlan Jamaan Basheer al-Hamad
9. Hessa Sultan Jaber Mohamed al-Jaber
10. Khalifa Ali Khalifa al-Hetmi
11. Aisha Youssuf Omar al-Hamad al-Mannai
12. Abdulaziz Mohamed Abdullah al-Attiyah
13. Nasser Salmeen Khalid al-Suwaidi
14. Mohamed Mahdi Ajyan Mohamed al-Ahbabi
15. Ali Abdullatif Mohamed al-Misnad al-Mohannadi
16. Nasser Sultan Nasser al-Humaidi
17. Mubarak Saif Hamdan Musif al-Mansouri
18. Khalid Mohamed Ajaj al-Kubaisi
19. Mohamed Mansour Khalil al-Khalil al-Shahwani
20. Khalid Abdullah Rashid al-Buainein
21. Mohamed Ali Jaber Hamad al-Henzab
22. Abdullah Fahad Abdullah Ghorab al-Marri
23. Abdullatif Mohamed Abdullatif al-Sada
24. Hend Abdurrahman Mohamed Mubarak al-Muftah
25. Fahad Mohamed Fahad Saad Buzweir
26. Saleh Abdullah Mohamed al-Ibrahim al-Mannai
27. Mohamed Ali Sultan al-Ali al-Maadheed
28. Reem Mohamed Rashid al-Hammoudi al-Mansouri
The decree is effective starting from its date of issue and is to be published in the official gazette.
"Women play an important role in national decision-making in all fields," AFP news agency quoted Hend Abdurrahman, who works at the Doha Institute for Postgraduate Studies, as saying after her appointment.
She added that this role covered government institutions and the "overall development process in the country".
The announcement comes as Qatar continues to deal with the impact of the worst and most bitter diplomatic crisis in the Gulf for years because of a blockade by neighbouring countries.
Qatar has criticised the five-month long blockade as being a "humanitarian" issue.
Qatar has recently made several notable social policy concessions.
These include proposed changes to its residency laws and labour reforms.
In 2015, two women were voted on to the 29-strong Central Municipal Council.
Jaber was earlier the communications minister.
She was also appointed to Volkswagen's advisory board after Qatar's investment in the German carmaker.
Meanwhile, the Emir has issued a decree inviting the Advisory Council to convene its 46th ordinary session on November 14.Last updated: November 09 2017 10:18 PM
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Asian Town shopping festival winners picked
2022 World Cup to herald new era of peace, prosperity in Qatar, region
Majlis Qatar achieves great success at 2018 World Cup
WCM-Q students explore global health issues in Vietnam
Team Qatar Channel Swim optimistic on achieving target
Qatar-US relations reviewed
Qatar-Kosovo air services pact signed
Ooredoo launches Netgear Orbi device
Ministry to host dispute settlement mechanism forum