Qatar says 'no delays' on WC 2022 projects
August 20 2017 08:44 PM

Qatar's 2022 World Cup preparations have not been delayed by the political and economic boycott by its neighbours, the country's most senior tournament organiser insisted.

Hassan Al-Thawadi, Secretary General the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, said alternative suppliers outside those countries involved in the ongoing dispute have been found for tournament-related construction projects.
"The impact has been minimal," al-Thawadi told Doha-based broadcaster Al Jazeera English in an interview aired yesterday.
"In terms of stadium progress or stadium construction and infrastructure requirements for the World Cup, progress is being made as well."
He added that the crisis has "caused an inconvenience".
Asked outright if projects had been delayed, al-Thawadi responded: "Projects are on schedule. No delays have occurred."

There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Strong winds, dust Sunday date3/17/2018 11:43:32 PM