Ali bin Hassan al-Hammadi
“Listening to their imploring voices, Qatar Red Crescent Society extends a humanitarian hand from the people of Qatar to relieve their wounds and support them amid such difficult conditions. A QR10mn emergency humanitarian response is launched to secure food, health, water and sanitation, and shelter aid, with a view to removing the impact of war, fostering Gaza’s resilience, and enabling recovery from this ordeal,” he added.
According to the humanitarian intervention plan, a number of life-saving projects will be implemented, as follows:
1. Supporting hospitals and health centers with medicines, medical devices, and consumables to treat 8,571 patients and injured people.
2. Providing paediatric intensive care units (PICUs) with medical beds and equipment for the benefit of 250 ill children.
3. Providing medical equipment and endoscopes for three local hospitals to ensure high-quality services for 8,000 patients and injured people.
4. Providing support and rehabilitation services, including physical aids and medical consumables, for 475 children and older persons with disabilities.
5. Digging water wells and constructing water supply systems to provide drinking water for 14,000 people.
6. Distributing one-month food parcels of local staples to 5,000 affected families, or 25,000 people.
7. Restoring and rehabilitating damaged homes and providing solar energy for 150 poor families, or 750 people.
8. Providing one-time cash assistance and training for 850 poor beneficiaries to secure their livelihoods.
To execute these projects, QRCS will be working with Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS). Since the opening of its representation office in Gaza in 2008, QRCS has carried out more than 90 projects in healthcare, rehabilitation of hospitals and health centers, training of medical professionals, and distribution of emergency relief aid, with a total value of more than $110mn.
These operations strengthened the health system's ability to provide high-quality services for the population, thus helping improve humanitarian conditions and alleviate the impact of the 15-year blockade on Gaza.
QRCS had already allocated $1.1mn (QR4.2mn) as an immediate emergency response to the humanitarian crisis, by meeting the basic needs in food, water and sanitation, shelter and healthcare, for the benefit of 60,250 civilian beneficiaries worst hit by the war.
For those willing to stand by the vulnerable people of Gaza, QRCS receives their donations to the #DevotionToGaza campaign via its website (www.qrcs.qa/pal) or the SMS webpage (https://qrcs.qa/ p/); sending the symbol to 92552 (QR250), 92869 (QR350), 92092 (QR500), or 92246 (QR1,000); calling the home donation collection service (33998898), donors service (66666364), or call centre (44027777); or making a bank transfer to the following accounts:
• Dukhan Bank (IBAN: QA37BRWA000000000000094340)
• QNB (IBAN: QA48QNBA000000000850020196061)
• QIIB (IBAN: QA66QIIB000000001111126666003).