The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has reported in its weekly Covid-19 report, for the June 20-26 period, a daily average of 573 cases in the community and 52 among travellers.
This marked a continued increase in Covid-19 cases in Qatar over the last few weeks. The ministry had reported a daily average of 448 Covid-19 cases in the community and 44 among travellers in the previous week, and 323 Covid-19 cases in the community and 30 among travellers in the week before that.
Also, it had reported 223 cases in the community and 23 among travellers in the week before that.
Following are the highlights of the weekly report published by the ministry Monday for the June 20-26 period:
* Covid-19 cases
- Daily average cases among community: 573
- Daily average cases among travellers: 52
- Total number of current active cases: 4,873
- Total number of infected people since the start of the pandemic: 380,530
- Daily average of recoveries for the last seven days: 457
- Total number of recoveries until now: 374,978
- Number of deaths in the last seven days: 1
- Total number of deaths until now: 679
- Daily average Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in the last seven days: 2,827
- Total number of booster doses administered to date: 1,682,286
- Total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered since the start of vaccination campaign: 6,974,984
* Covid-19 testing
- Daily average number of tests for the last seven days: 14,100
- Total number of people tested to date: 3,638,509
* Hospital acute care
- Daily average of acute hospital admissions for the last seven days: 16
- Total number of people currently under acute hospital care: 58
- Daily average number of ICU admissions in the last seven days: 1
- Total number of people currently in ICU: 0
Meanwhile, the MoPH website Monday showed there were 610 cases in the community in the last 24 hours and 58 among travellers.