The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has announced quarantine exemption criteria for GCC citizens, their families and household employees arriving in Qatar and who have received Covid-19 vaccination in one of the GCC countries.
The new criteria, which came into effect on Friday, May 7, will apply provided the vaccines received by these individuals outside Qatar are included on the list of vaccines approved by the MoPH in Qatar.
Based on the new criteria, the following Covid-19 health protocols will be effective immediately:
* GCC citizens, their families and household employees arriving in Qatar must have a pre-travel Covid-19 PCR test conducted at a coronavirus testing centre approved by their local ministry of health 72 hours prior to their departure from the country of origin.
* Fully vaccinated travellers who have received a Covid-19 vaccine approved by Qatar's MoPH will be exempted from quarantine provided a period of at least 14 days has lapsed after receiving the last dose of the vaccine. Travellers will be asked to produce an official vaccination card upon arrival in Qatar.
* Travellers, their families and individual sponsors who do not meet the vaccine criteria must undergo seven-day hotel quarantine at a designated hotel to be booked through the Discover Qatar website prior to their arrival in Qatar. The Ehteraz app status will be yellow during this period.
* Children who do not meet the vaccination criteria, but are accompanied by parents who do meet the vaccination criteria, must undergo seven-day hotel quarantine at a designated hotel to be booked through Discover Qatar before their arrival in Qatar. One of the two parents can be exempted from quarantine with the other parent quarantined together with such children. The Ehteraz app status will be yellow during the quarantine period. Parents cannot switch roles in accompanying quarantined children.
* Individuals arriving at a Qatari point of entry must have a Qatari mobile SIM card as well as the Ehteraz app installed and activated on their mobile phones.
All individuals undergoing hotel quarantine will be subjected to the applicable quarantine protocols and are not allowed to access public areas or be present therein unless their Ehteraz status is green.