Iran's state television on Saturday identified a man it said was behind a recent explosion and power outage at its main Natanz nuclear plant.
"Reza Karimi, the perpetrator of this sabotage... has been identified" by Iran's intelligence ministry, state TV said. It said the suspect had fled Iran before last Sunday’s blast that the Islamic Republic has blamed on arch-foe Israel.
The television showed what it said was a photograph of the suspected perpetrator on a red card that had "Interpol Wanted" written on it. The card listed his age as 43.
"Necessary steps are underway for his arrest and return to the country through legal channels," the report added.
State TV also aired footage of rows of what it said were centrifuges which had replaced the ones damaged in the blast at the Natanz uranium enrichment plant.
It added that "a large number" of centrifuges whose enrichment activity was disrupted by the explosion had been returned to normal service, the report said.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
'Suicide drones' targets Ain al-Asad airbase: Iraq
OHCHR calls on occupation to end eviction of Sheikh Jarrah homes
Khamenei slams Israel, calls it a ‘terrorist base’
Saudi to make Covid-19 vaccinations mandatory for all workers
Kuwait reports 1253 new coronavirus infections, 11 deaths
Hard but sweet-smelling slog in Morocco’s Valley of the Roses
Third rocket attack in three days targets US in Iraq: army
Oman extends ban on entry of people coming from several countries
Four killed after flash floods in Yemen’s historic Tarim city